We are seeking a high-energy, hard-working, and enthusiastic Senior Backend Engineer with +5 years of experience to join our team & work in the organization of happy people
The lead backend engineer will be responsible for the architectural design, implementation, and testing of the software application. This position will work closely with the backend team and product manager to implement new features, fix bugs, maintain the application. We are looking for someone who is an expert in Spring, as well as backend architecture and can grow into a leadership role as the team expands.
- To be the go-to teammate for all things backend
- Become a master of Spring, Hibernate, and architecture design and implementation
- Lead the backend development process by helping to define requirements, spec implementation steps, develop timelines, work with designers, design REST APIs and their related services, and test before release
- Create: Work directly with product management to go from concept to design with our product features that will drive increased customer adoption and deliver a compelling user experience for our customers.
- Collaborate with product management and backend team to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive features and enhancements for the frontend to use
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages
- Keep a high level of quality and reliability performance of the product and the team building the product
- Maintain quality with scalable automated and manual testing
- Deep understanding of Java, including Spring and Hibernate, REST API architecture, MySQL & relational databases
- Some understanding: MongoDB & NoSQL databases, Git, Unit testing, Pipeline automation, third party API integrations, JSON, utilizing a debugger
- Familiarity with software design applications such as Miro, LucidChart, or Microsoft Visio
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle & programming techniques & tools
- Openness to use and make improvements to the agile development process
- Reliable project & time management skills
- Strong problem solving, verbal & written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- B2 English level required.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional software development environment