The best of technology in World Cup Russia 2018
World Cup is getting closer and there are many news that revolve around the greatest soccer party: trends, advertising and, of course, technology. Russia 2018 promises to be the most technological World Cup ever seen in history, and in NativApps we want you to live it more closely, that’s why we bring you the most important advances of this season. Discover them:
1. Undoubtedly, the first thing you must do to enjoy the World Cup is to download the official app, available for iOS and Android devices. We know that watching the matches will be very difficult if we take into account time zone differences, that’s why this app is the one to keep up to date with the latest news and results.
2. If you are one of the attendees to the World Cup you should know that the Russian government can easily identify you thanks to the new digital ID that has a chip, which contains almost all of your personal information. This credential is necessary to go through customs controls without the need for a visa, to enter the stadium, to travel for free on trains that have the stadium as a final destination, among other things. Additionally, this chip is linked to an easy recognition technology that will work inside the stadium and in nearby places, in order to easily identify those who attempt to attack public order.
3. On the other hand, did you know that the ball for World Cup Russia 2018 is the most innovative and technological in history? The domestic version of Telstar 18, manufactured by Adidas, has NFC technology, which allows you to link your smart device with your ball, thanks to the chip that it carries internally. By touching the ball with your device, you will enjoy exclusive content according to your location, for example, challenges, mini-games, augmented reality, among other options.
4. A very important technology for soccer lovers is VAR, with which you can repeat the plays that are not very clear, for example, goals, penalties, red cards and offsides.
5. Finally, the World Cup will have 360° cameras and drones that will fly over the stadiums and cities
The four years that pass between one World Cup and another are enough to notice that technological advances are increasing more and more, even those related to sport, and for this reason it is said that Russia 2018 will become the most technological World Cup in history. Without a doubt, every day we live more immersed in new trends, and this World Cup could not be left out. Are you ready to experience it more closely?