5 essential tips for developing an app
Did you know that according to NewZoo’s figures there were about 3 billion smartphones in the world at the end of 2018 and the income from mobile applications exceeded about US $ 92.1 billion? So, it is! Due to these attractive figures more and more companies are betting on developing applications, to get closer to users, gain visibility and obtain better results.
If you are among those companies and you want to develop your own application, are you sure you already know and have everything you need to start? The creation of an app implies strategic planning, besides the ideal professionals and teamwork, to obtain good results.
In order to make a successful app, here it is a five-step guide that can help you to create your application:
- Have a clear business idea: In any entrepreneurship, the most important is to know what the business idea is about, think if it solves a problem, satisfies a need and/or simplifies the life of the user. In addition, with a clear idea, the team will work according to it and will fulfill the desired expectations.
- Listen and ask the experts: No matter how much you read about new technologies, applications development or programming languages, the most recommendable is to work with experts and experienced professionals: listen to their advices and make questions when you have doubts. Even though it is recommended to keep yourself informed, let them do their work. It does not mean that you are going to get away from the project. The development team will always need your guidance, so your time and disposition are the most important to not lose communication. In addition, it is essential that you request all the technical aspects regarding the development, language, supported operating system versions, server specifications, licenses, etc. In this way, you will face future improvements, support or new projects.
- Assign a budget: Developing an application implies associated costs, so you must define a budget. Many software development companies offer services by time & material with an estimated budget, allowing the cost management to be flexible and adjusted to the business capacity. In addition, it is advisable to allocate approximately 10% of your budget for marketing activities and other topics such as employee salary, legal issues, updating and maintenance, among others.
- Design an effective promotional campaign: The app users’ attraction will exceed the expectations if the communication channels used are effective. Successful applications are promoted before reaching the app store, so it is advisable to divide your marketing plan into three campaign phases: pre-launch, launch and post-launch.
- Consider improvements, updates and supports: The applications are dynamic digital products. If you want to create an app, you must consider that requires a continuous development process, ensure that the features and application content up to date and that it has the performance and functionality required.
Remember, the first version of your app is not the final one. It will help you to promote it, to know your users and to generate income to continue optimizing it with future versions.
If you are even more convinced with the idea of developing an app for your business, at NativApps we can help you. With more than 15 years of experience developing digital products, we follow you through your product lifecycle, building the best team for you according to our portfolio services:
We Manage: We build end-to-end and support teams, assigning the right roles and dedication to your product for MVPs or products in the introduction stage.
You Manage: We recruit and carefully assign IT resources according to the roles your team needs for products in the growth stage.
Co-Manage: We are local environment savvys with experience building and running white-label non-voice operations in Colombia for products in the expansion stage.
If you want to know more, contact us